- olive oil
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 80 g kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 bunch basil, roughly chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 100g lasagne sheets
- 75g Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan
- 150g Perfect Italiano™ Mozzarella
- Over a medium heat in a large heavy saucepan add a splash of olive oil and begin cooking eggplant in batches until golden, then remove all eggplant from the pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, capsicum, zucchini and thyme and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden. Then add the olives, capers, tomatoes and cooked eggplant and stir together.
- Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes, season with salt and pepper and stir through the chopped fresh basil.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Spread 1/3 of the ratatouille mixture into the base of a baking dish. Top with a mixed handful of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese then cover with lasagne sheets.
- Repeat this process until the dish is full, finishing with the ratatouille and the remaining cheese on top.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes or until cheese is melted golden brown and the pasta is cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to rest for a few minutes, then serve.
- Add the juice and zest of a lemon to the vegetable mix for a little extra zing
- Add Cheesy Italian White Sauce between the last layers of Ratatouille mixture and Perfect Bakes for a creamy topping