Cheesy Italian White Sauce
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 800ml - 1L milk (use less milk for a thicker sauce)
- 200g Perfect Italiano™ Grated Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper to season
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour, stir over low heat for 2 minutes until you have a smooth paste.
- Slowly add milk and cream. Continue to stir until sauce is smooth and thick. Remove from heat and cover with a lid. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the grated parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
For extra flavour, grate in some fresh nutmeg.