Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 800ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 125ml white wine
- 60g Grated Perfect Italiano Parmesan
- 50g butter
- Place the stock into a medium saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the olive oil to a large, heavy based saucepan, and place over a medium low heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened, but be careful not to brown the garlic. Add the rice and stir to coat each grain of rice in the oil.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the wine. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid has almost completely evaporated. Add a ladle of stock and stir until the rice absorbs all the liquid. Continue to add one ladle at a time, stirring constantly to ensure each ladle of stock is absorbed before adding another.
- Once the rice is just cooked and all the stock has been absorbed, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter and cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Cover the risotto with a lid and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with an extra grating of Perfect Italiano Parmesan Cheese.
This Risotto can be used as a base for other Risotto recipes, but is also delicious when served with grilled fish, pork or chicken.