A versatile cheese with a distinct light flavour and smooth creamy texture. Perfect in both sweet and savoury dishes, it can be used for baking, fillings, sauces, or as a spread.
10 Simple Ways to use Ricotta
- Whip up equal parts ricotta with low fat vanilla yoghurt, add a little honey and dollop on fresh fruit salad or toasted muesli.
- Spread ricotta on fruit toast, top with sliced banana and cinnamon sugar (equal parts sugar and cinnamon) or honey.
- Mash ripe avocado with ricotta and season well with salt and pepper. Use as a dip or spread over thick sliced toast for a snack.
- Mix 1 part ricotta to 3 parts mashed potato. Add chopped herbs. Form into patties and lightly coat with flour then shallow fry for tasty potato cakes.
- For perfect baked ricotta, mix 250g tub of ricotta with an egg, then spoon into a ramekin and bake in a 180 degrees oven for 20-30mins (until firm). Roast with a bunch of red grapes for a sweet serving option or roast with red capsicum for a savoury option.
- For an indulgent treat, mix a couple of spoonfuls of ricotta with a handful of chocolate buttons then sandwich between soft white bread and toast in a jaffle maker.
- For a light and simple omelette, fold a spoonful of ricotta through two lightly whisked eggs then pour into a pan. Top with a little finely grated zucchini and carrot, season with salt and pepper then cook until set. Fold the omelette in half to serve.
- For a quick and easy dessert, dollop a spoonful of ricotta over peach halves, sprinkle with a little brown sugar then place under the grill.
- For the perfect spinach dip, mix a 250g tub of ricotta with a packet of frozen spinach, two spoonfuls of sour cream and a packet of dried French onion soup mix. Add finely chopped water chestnuts for added crunch.
- As an alternative to white sauce for lasagne, mix a 250g tub of ricotta with half a cup of grated parmesan and one egg, then spread over the top.
Original Ricotta 250g and 500g
Bake in cannelloni, stir through pasta, dollop on pizza or spread over toast.Nutritional Information. Serving size 125 g.
|Average Quantity per Serving||% Daily Intake† (per Serving)||Average Quantity per 100 g|
|Energy||715 kJ||8%||572 kJ|
|Protein||10.9 g||22%||8.7 g|
|Fat, total||12.2 g||17%||9.8 g|
|– saturated||8.6 g||36%||6.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||4.5 g||1%||3.6 g|
|– sugars||4.5 g||5%||3.6 g|
|Sodium||229 mg||10%||183 mg|
†Percentage Daily intakes are based on an average adult daily diet of 8700 kJ.
Ingredients: Milk, Milk Solids, Acidity Regulator (260), Salt, Preservative (202).