Baked Ricotta Torte
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
1 hour, 5 minutes
- 3 x 250g tubs Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- 4 egg whites
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp raisins soaked in 2 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 4 digestive biscuits, crushed
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Place ricotta in a sieve over a bowl for a few minutes to drain.
- Place ricotta and sugar in a large bowl and mix well
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix until smooth. Stir in cream.
- Whip egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold gently into Ricotta mixture along with raisins, lemon and orange rind.
- Grease a 22 cm round springform cake pan with butter and sprinkle with biscuit crumbs. Pour filling into tin and smooth surface with a spatula. Sprinkle almonds over the top of the filling.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 180°C and continue to cook for another 40-45 minutes, or until the cake is nicely browned on top and just set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.