Chocolate and Espresso Ricotta Tart with Toasted Hazelnuts
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
Please select the seprator type
For the pastry:
- 110g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon plain flour
- ¼ cup icing sugar, sifted
For the filling:
- 2 cups Ricotta
- 1 free range egg
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup strong espresso
- 70g dark chocolate chips
- 70g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
For the ganache:
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 50ml cream
For the decorations:
- Handful roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake, and put a baking tray on the bottom shelf to heat up. Grease a 20cm pie or tart tin with a removable base.
- First, make the filling. In a food processor or mixer, blend the ricotta, egg, sugar, and espresso until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and hazelnut pieces by hand.
- Next, make the pastry, combine all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer, It should just come together as a crumbly dough, do not over mix. Press the pastry into the greased pie/tart tin, you want a thin layer along the bottom and up the sides. You may have a little bit of pastry leftover, which you can wrap up and refrigerate.
- Spoon in the ricotta filling and spread out evenly.
- Bake for around 25-35 minutes, or until your crust has turned golden and the filling has puffed.
- Allow the tart to cool fully before taking it out of the tart tin and placing onto a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream is a small pan until bubbles start to appear. Take off the heat and stir through the chocolate until it’s melted.
- Once the tart is completely cool, use a fork to drizzle the ganache over it and scatter over the hazelnuts.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.