Made with Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
Please select the seprator type
- Unsalted butter, for greasing
- 800g Perfect Italiano Ricotta
- 200g cream cheese
- 130g caster sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 200ml light cream
- 1 tbsp plain flour
For the base:
- 180g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of ground cinnamon or ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Butter a 25cm cake tin with a removable base and line its base and sides with parchment paper.
- To make the base for the cheesecake, mix the digestive biscuits with the butter and ground cinnamon or ginger and press the mixture over the base of the tin.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together in the following order: the cheeses, sugar, lemon zest and juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, eggs and egg yolk, cream and flour. Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin, over the biscuit base, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until just set. The filling must not get golden on top – it should be pale and just beginning to puff up.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cheesecake in the tin before taking it out.