Passionfruit and Strawberry Ricotta Cheesecake
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
Please select the seprator type
For the base:
- 250g Super Wine biscuits
- 140g butter, melted
- Pinch sea salt
For the filling:
- 250g ricotta
- 250g cream cheese, melted
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 free range eggs
- 180ml passionfruit pulp
For the topping:
- 200g fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Fresh flowers (optional)
- Line a 22cm x 22cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and blitz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the butter and salt and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture into the base of the tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm and cold.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Place the ricotta, cream cheese, caster sugar, lemon zest and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Gradually add the eggs, processing well after each addition.
- Fold through the passionfruit pulp and pour the mixture over the base.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool completely before topping with the quartered strawberries and flowers if using.
- Serve at room temperature.