Avocado and Ricotta Smash on Crusty Sourdough with Roasted Tomatoes
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 250g Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 thick slices sourdough
- 12 cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 4 soft poached eggs, to serve
- Preheat the over to 200°C.
- Place the tomatoes onto a tray, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Place into the oven and roast for 12-15 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to break down and look charred.
- Meanwhile, place the avocado into a medium bowl and coarsely mash. Add the ricotta, a squeeze of lemon juice, and season well with salt and pepper. Gently stir through to mix all ingredients together.
- Toast the sourdough until golden. Spread the ricotta and avocado mix evenly over the slices of hot toast.
- Serve with roasted tomatoes, a poached egg and a drizzle of the remaining olive oil.
Add a finely chopped red chili to give a kick to your Avocado and Ricotta Smash.