Smoked Trout Scrambled Eggs
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Pizza
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Bakes
- 125ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 20g butter
- 4 slices thick sourdough bread, toasted
- 50-100g flaked smoked trout
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine eggs, Perfect Bakes, cream and half the dill.
- Melt butter in a small frypan and add egg mixture. Cook over low heat, gently stirring until egg mixture just begins to set. Remove from heat.
- Serve scrambled eggs on toast, add flakes of trout, extra dill and pepper.
Smoked trout comes in two varieties; 'hot smoked' trout has a cooked appearance and is easy to flake, 'cold smoked' trout has a moist, raw appearance. Use hot smoked trout for this recipe if possible although both varieties work well.