Berry Ricotta Hotcakes with Spiced Ricotta Cream
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 250g Perfect Italiano Ricotta
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 punnet raspberries
- butter for cooking
- maple syrup for drizzling
- Place the ricotta, caster sugar and egg yolks into a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Stir in the milk, lemon zest and flour.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold into the batter with half of the raspberries.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with a little butter. Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles form, turn and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing with a little butter each time.
- Serve the hotcakes with Spiced Ricotta Cream, maple syrup and the remaining raspberries.