Perfect Citrus and Poppy Seed Desserts
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 2 small oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 125 g Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 2 tbsp poppy seed
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 100g butter
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 125g Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- icing sugar to dust
- orange segments
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Place oranges and lemon into a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Place the oranges and lemon into the bowl of a food processor with the eggs and process until smooth.
- Add the flour, caster sugar, and poppy seed and Perfect Italiano Ricotta into the food processor and process until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into 8 x 1 cup muffin pans or pudding moulds.
- Cover with greased foil. Place on a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked when tested.
- Melt together the butter and icing sugar. Stir in the orange and lemon juice and zest; bring to the boil while stirring.
- Unmould the pudding onto individual serving plates. Drizzle with syrup. Serve with a dollop of ricotta, dust with icing sugar and garnish with an orange segment.