- 8 slices Ciabatta
- 100g Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 250g block Perfect Italiano™ Mozzarella, sliced
- 100g thinly sliced smoked ham
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 20g Mainland Butter
- roasted cherry tomatoes, for serving
- Spread bread with ricotta and sandwich pairs of bread slices together with mozzarella, ham, tomato and basil.
- Combine eggs, milk and seasonings in a shallow dish. Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture, draining off excess.
- Melt butter in a non stick frypan. Cook each sandwich for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with roasted cherry tomatoes.
Try using prosciutto or salami instead of ham. To roast cherry tomatoes, coat in olive oil and roast in a moderate oven for 5-7 minutes, until skins split.
Reduced fat option: Try using Perfect Italiano Grated Light Mozzarella and reduced fat milk as an alternative.