- 500g lamb & rosemary sausages
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup red wine
- 700g bottle Italian tomato cooking sauce
- 500g penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 20g butter, extra
- 1 clove garlic, extra, crushed
- 500g baby spinach leaves, washed
- 250g of Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Pizza
- Remove casings from sausages and break up sausage mince. Cook mince, onion and garlic in a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon until well browned.
- Add carrot, red wine and tomato sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To make the white sauce, combine milk, flour, butter and nutmeg in a saucepan and bring to the boil, whisking continuously. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, before adding grated mozzarella and grated parmesan. Remove from heat, cover and cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs into sauce. Add ½ cup white sauce to cooked penne and stir until pasta is well coated.
- Heat butter in a large frypan, add garlic and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Layer ingredients in a deep 25cm x 30cm baking dish in the following order: ½ penne pasta, meat sauce, sautéed spinach, ½ penne pasta and white sauce. Finish with a layer of Perfect Pizza Cheese.
- Bake at 180°C for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve warm with a crisp green salad.