Italian Sausage & Onion Pizza
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Pizza
- 15g butter
- splash of olive oil
- ¼ small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 roasted and peeled capsicum, finely sliced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- a handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 x 30cm Pizza Base
- 3 tbsp Homemade Pizza Sauce
- chilli oil, to drizzle
- ⅓ packet of Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Pizza
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Heat butter and oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add torn pieces of sausage and cook for another 5 minutes until sausage meat is lightly browned. Add capsicum, paprika and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool completely, then stir through parsley.
- Spread pizza base with Homemade Pizza Sauce, drizzle with chilli oil and sprinkle over Perfect Pizza to evenly cover the base followed by the sausage mixture.
- Place pizza in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and base is crispy, remove from oven then cut and serve.
For added flavour, add some caramelised onions at stage 3.