Coconut Ricotta Truffles
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 250g tub Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp white rum
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 200g white chocolate
- 2 cups toasted shredded coconut, for coating
- Mix ricotta, icing sugar, rum and vanilla until smooth, stir in coconut and almond meal until well combined. Refrigerate the mixture for 20 minutes until firm.
- Place the chocolate into a small bowl and sit over a saucepan of simmerig water until melted.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of ricotta mixture into balls and using a skewer, dip into the melted chocolate. Coat in toasted coconut and refrigerate until set.
For orange flavoured truffles, substitute the white rum for orange liqueur.