- 2 large eggplants, cut lengthways into 1cm slices
- 20g butter, melted
- 350g pack of frozen spinach, defrosted with excess moisture squeezed out
- 250g Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 75g Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan, grated
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thirds
- 1 cups Italian tomato cooking sauce
- 115g Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Pizza cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Brush eggplant with butter and cook under a hot grill or on a grill plate until golden and cooked.
- Combine spinach, Ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, egg and seasonings. Top each eggplant slice with prosciutto. Place tablespoonfuls of cheese mixture along the narrow edge of the prosciutto and roll up to resemble cannelloni.
- Place rolls in a buttered 25cm x 30cm baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over eggplant rolls and sprinkle with Perfect Pizza. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Serve as an antipasto or as part of an aperitivo buffet.
You can also serve these bite sized involtini as a main, just add salad and crusty bread.