Veal Tortellini Boscaiola
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 375 g pack Veal Tortellini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers of shortcut bacon, chopped
- 300g swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 300ml thickened cream
- ½ cup Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan, shaved
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Cook the tortellini according to packet instructions. Drain into a colander and cover to stay warm. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the onion and bacon, and fry for 5 minutes or until the bacon begins to brown and the onion softens. Add the mushrooms and continue to fry for 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms start to turn golden.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cream, chopped parsley, and ¾ of the parmesan. Simmer for a couple of minutes until the cheese has just melted. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked tortellini to the pan and stir well to coat the pasta.
- Serve and sprinkle over the remaining parmesan.