Chicken Pesto Pasta
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 3 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves, plus a few extra leaves to serve
- 120g (⅔ cup) toasted pine nuts
- 50g Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g rigatoni pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400g chicken breast, chopped
- 50g Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan, shaved
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the pesto, place basil, pine nuts, grated parmesan and lemon juice into a processor and blitz until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin steady stream until well combined. Set aside
- Cook the rigatoni according to packet instructions. Drain into a colander.
- While the pasta is cooking heat oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat. Sauté garlic and chicken until chicken is lightly browned. Stir though the pesto and cook for a few minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to the frying pan and stir well. Season with salt and pepper, then stir though the extra basil leaves.
- Serve topped with shaved parmesan.
All types of pasta work well with this dish