- Add the olive oil to a medium sized frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the bacon and fry until very crispy. Once the bacon is cooked, remove from the pan and drain onto some kitchen paper. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. If using fresh peas, add the peas about 3 minutes before the pasta has finished cooking. If using frozen peas, add the peas about 1 minute before.
- While the pasta is cooking, lightly stir the ricotta in a bowl, breaking up any curds. Add ½ a cup of parmesan to the mixture, and season with black pepper.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and peas, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking water. Place the pasta and peas back into the pot.
- Stir a little of the warm pasta water into the ricotta mixture. Add the mixture to the pasta and toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a sprinkling of the bacon, chives and remaining Parmesan.