Orecchiette Pasta with Capsicum and Caper Brown Butter
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 100g Mainland Butter
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 250g small button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp baby capers
- 250g roasted red capsicum (2 large capsicums), cut into thick strips
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 350g orecchiette pasta, cooked in salted water until al dente, kept warm
- ½ cup finely grated Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan, shaved, for serving
- Melt butter in a large heavy based frypan. Add garlic, pine nuts and mushrooms cook until golden and softened. Stir in capers, capsicum and parsley, heat through.
- Pour freshly cooked pasta and grated parmesan into butter sauce, season to taste and toss over low heat for 2 minutes until cheese is melted and pasta is lightly coated in sauce. Serve immediately with lashings of shaved parmesan.
Roasting capsicums: spray whole capsicums with olive oil and place on a baking paper lined tray. Bake at 180C for 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, until skins are blistered and blackened and capsicums are soft. Wrap capsicums tightly in foil and cool. Peel off skin, remove membrane and seeds and store refridgerated for up to 5 days, or until required.