Bacon, Tomato and Spinach Risotto
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 800ml chicken stock
- 200ml tomato passata
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices middle bacon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 300g arborio rice
- 80ml white wine
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 60g Grated Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan
- Place the stock and passata into a medium saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and then remove the pan from the heat and cover with a lid to keep hot.
- Add the olive oil to a large, heavy based saucepan, and place over a medium low heat. Add the bacon and fry for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to turn golden. Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened. Add the rice and stir to coat each grain of rice in the oil.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the wine. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid has almost completely evaporated. Add a ladle of tomato stock and stir until the rice absorbs all the liquid. Continue to add one ladle at a time, stirring constantly to ensure each ladle of stock is absorbed before adding another.
- Once the rice is just cooked and all the stock has been absorbed, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the spinach, butter and parmesan, and season with salt and pepper. Cover the risotto with a lid and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with an extra grating of parmesan
Instead of spinich try using chopped kale or silverbeet for a delicious alternative.