- 500g fusilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half circles
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g Perfect Italiano™ Original Ricotta
- ½ packet Perfect Italiano™ Grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- Cook the fusilli according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta into a colander, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, pour the olive oil into a large fry pan and place over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onion begins to soften. Add the bacon, zucchini, mushroom and garlic, and continue to fry for 4-5 minutes or until the bacon and onion start to turn golden.
- Reduce the heat to low, and then add the pasta to the fry pan and stir through to combine. Add the ricotta, reserved hot pasta water, parmesan and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and gently stir all ingredients together to coat the pasta.
- Serve immediately.