Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 800ml chicken stock
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 125ml white wine
- 60g Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan, grated
- 50g butter
- Place the stock into a medium saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then remove the pan from the heat. Add the saffron and cover with a lid to keep hot.
- Add the olive oil to a large, heavy based saucepan, and place over a medium low heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened, but be careful not to brown the garlic. Add the rice and stir to coat each grain of rice in the oil.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the wine. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid has almost completely evaporated. Add a ladle of stock and stir until the rice absorbs all the liquid. Continue to add one ladle at a time, stirring constantly to ensure each ladle of stock is absorbed before adding another.
- Once the rice is just cooked and all the stock has been absorbed, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter and parmesan , and season with salt and pepper. Cover the risotto with a lid and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with an extra grating of parmesan.
This classic risotto is delicious when served with grilled fish, pork or chicken