Prawn, Pea and Mint Risotto
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 350g green prawn cutlets
- 1L chicken stock
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g arborio rice
- 75ml white wine
- 150g frozen peas
- 60g butter
- 60g Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan, grated
- 3 tbsp mint, leaves picked
- Place the stock into a medium saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and then remove the pan from the heat and cover with a lid to keep hot.
- Add the olive oil to a large, heavy based saucepan, and place over a medium low heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened, but be careful not to brown the garlic. Add the rice and stir to coat each grain of rice in the oil.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the wine. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid has almost completely evaporated. Add a ladle of stock and stir until the rice absorbs all the liquid. Continue to add one ladle at a time, stirring constantly to ensure each ladle of stock is absorbed before adding another. Before adding the final few ladles of stock, add the prawns and peas.
- Add the remaining stock and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Cover the risotto with a lid and allow to sit for 5 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Finish by stirring through the mint and serve immediately.
Add the zest and a squeeze of lemon to give this dish a lemony kick.