Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms, finely sliced (swiss brown, shitake, button)
- 50g dried porcini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock, hot
- ½ cup white wine
- 100g Perfect Italiano™ Grated Parmesan
- 1 cup continental parsley, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté the garlic and onion 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté 4 -5 minutes, stir in the rice and cook stirring 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the hot stock a little at a time stirring well after addition, cover with the lid stirring occasionally until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the white wine, grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Serve garnished with shaved parmesan cheese.
Sumac comes from a Middle Eastern shrub. The berries are ground to make Sumac powder which has a salty, lemony tang and a vibrant red/purple colour. Try it sprinkled on eggs, potatoes or before rosting sprinkle on the skin of a chicken.