Chicken and Asparagus Risotto
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 rashers bacon, diced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 skinless chicken fillets, cut into small pieces
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 75g Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan, plus extra for serving
- zest of 1 lemon
- fresh tarragon leaves to garnish
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large pan and cook leek and bacon for a few minutes. Add rice and continue to cook for a few minutes. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly brown.
- Add one cup of stock and cook, stirring until the stock is absorbed. Reduce heat and continue adding stock, half a cup at a time. When the stock is absorbed, add the next cupful. When you have added all the stock, check to see if the rice is cooked (it should still be slightly firm to the bite).
- Stir in asparagus. Add the butter and parmesan and mix through until melted.
- Finish with lemon zest and tarragon. Check the seasoning, remove from heat and serve with extra parmesan.
Use smoked chicken fillets for extra flavour