Penne with Summer Tomato Pesto
- 400g penne pasta
- 40g Anchor Butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup tomato pesto½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 250g Perfect Italiano Ricotta, Perfect Italiano Traditional Hard Cheese, grated to sprinkle on top
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- Bring large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook pasta for 10 – 12 minutes until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a pan and cook garlic for a few minutes until golden. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until they start to soften and break up.
- Stir in tomato pesto & ricotta.
- Add cooked pasta to pan & stir through.
- Dish in to bowls & scatter over pine nuts and basil.
- Season with black pepper & top with Perfect Italiano Traditional Hard Cheese to serve.