Mozzarella Italian Toasty
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Mozzarella
- 8 slices sourdough or crusty Italian-style bread
- 100g ricotta
- 250g Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Grated
- 100g thinly sliced smoked ham
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 20g Anchor Butter
- Roasted cherry tomatoes, for serving
- Spread bread with ricotta. Sandwich pairs of bread slices together with Mozzarella, ham, tomato and basil.
- Combine eggs, milk and seasonings in a shallow dish. Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture, draining off excess.
- Melt butter in a non stick frypan. Cook each sandwich for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve warm with roasted cherry tomatoes