Mozzarella Beef Fillet with a chunky Capsicum & Caper salsa
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Mozzarella
- 2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tblsp capers
- 2 tspn brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 x 190g beef
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 250g Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Grated
- To make the Capsicum and Caper salsa, heat oil and cool onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic and capsicums, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until softened. Add vinegar, capers and brown sugar and season to taste.
- Brush beef with olive oil and season to taste. Panfry beef on both sides then top with Perfect Italiano Mozzarella.
- Cover and cook until cheese has melted and steak is cooked. Serve beef on a bed of Capsicum and Caper salsa.