Mini Italian Traditional Hard Cheese and Tomato Muffins
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup Perfect Italiano Grated Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (try flat leaf parsley and basil)
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup tomato juice
- 80g Anchor Butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 50g Perfect Italiano Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 100g Ricotta Cheese
- 24 small basil leaves
- Combine flour, mozzarella, olives, herbs, spring onion and seasonings in a large bowl. Whisk tomato juice, butter and egg together and stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into 24 buttered mini muffin pans, sprinkle with grated parmesan and black pepper. Bake at 180°C for 10-15 minutes until golden and cooked through. Cool muffins on a wire rack.
- When cool, cut muffins diagonally halfway through, spread with a little ricotta and fill with a basil leaf. Makes 24 mini muffins or 12 large muffins.