Lemon and Pesto Lamb Cutlets
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated Perfect Italiano Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 60g Anchor Butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Olive oil spray
- 8 trim lamb cutlets
- Combine basil, Perfect Italiano Parmesan, lemon rind and juice, garlic and butter in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper then mix in breadcrumbs and almonds until well combined, refrigerate until required.
- Spray lamb cutlets with olive oil and quickly brown in a hot frypan for 1 minute on each side. Arrange cutlets on a baking paper lined tray. Spoon a pile of pesto crumbs onto each lamb cutlet.
- Bake lamb cutlets at 220°C for 7-10 minutes until crumbs are golden and bubbling. Serve with a fresh salad or greens tossed in a little butter.