Lebanese Style Pide with Lemon Mint Yoghurt
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Pizza
1hr 30 minutes
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 x 200g packs Perfect Italiano Perfect Pizza
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g good quality minced lamb
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac (optional)
- 1 tomato, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Greek style natural yoghurt
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- 1 teaspoon sumac, extra, for serving (optional)
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup lukewarm water; add remaining lukewarm water, sugar and salt. Stir yeast mixture into 4 cups flour to make a very thick batter. Cover and stand in a warm place for 10 minutes, until frothy.
- Gradually stir in remaining flour and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding additional flour if required.
- Divide into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a 25cm oval shape, pinching the edges to create a ‘boat’ shape. Sprinkle with half the Perfect Italiano Perfect Pizza.
- Heat remaining oil in a frypan, fry pinenuts until golden, remove and drain on absorbent paper. Add onion to frypan and cook until soft, add garlic and mince, cook until well browned. Stir in allspice, cinnamon, sumac, pinenuts, tomato and half the mint, season to taste and remove from heat.
- Spread spiced lamb mixture over each prepared dough base, and fold in edges. Sprinkle with remaining Perfect Italiano Perfect Pizza. Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes or until base is golden and cheese is bubbling.
- Combine yogurt, remaining mint and lemon rind. Serve hot pide with a squeeze of lemon juice, dollop of minted yogurt and sprinkle with sumac if desired