Lamb Cutlets Saltimbocca with Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Mozzarella
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 12 thick frenched lamb cutlets
- 250g Grated Perfect Italiano Mozzarella
- 24 semi dried tomatoes
- 12 large sage leaves
- 250g block Perfect Italiano Parmesan, cut into 12 thin slices
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Combine sweet potatoes, oil, garlic and seasonings in a non stick baking dish. Bake at 220°C for 25-30 minutes or until golden and tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Meanwhile, make a deep pocket in each lamb cutlet. Place mozzarella and 2 semi dried tomatoes in each pocket. Place a slice of Parmesan and a sage leaf on each lamb cutlet and wrap in a slice of prosciutto.
- Heat an oiled non-stick frypan and seal cutlets for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven and cook for a further 5 minutes or until done to your liking. Remove and rest for 5 minutes, before serving with sweet potatoes.