Lamb and Rosemary Pastitsio
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Mozzarella
- 700g bottle Italian tomato cooking sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 20g Anchor Butter
- Nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup Grated Perfect Italiano Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Grated Perfect Italian Parmesan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 500g Penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 20g Anchor Butter, extra
- 1 clove garlic, extra, crushed
- 500g baby spinach leaves, washed
- 125g pack Perfect Italiano Perfect Pizza
- Crisp green salad, for serving
- Remove casings from sausages and break up sausage mince. Cook mince, onion and garlic in large non-stick saucepan over medium heat, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon until well browned.
- Add carrot, red wine and tomato sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine milk, flour, butter and nutmeg in a saucepan and bring to the boil, whisking continuously. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, before adding Perfect Italiano Grated Mozzarella and Grated Parmesan. Remove from heat, cover and cool for 10 minutes. Whisk eggs into sauce. Add 1/2 cup white sauce to cooked penne and stir until pasta is well coated.
- Heat butter in a large frypan, add garlic and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Layer ingredients in a deep 25cm x 30cm baking dish in the following order: 1/2 penne pasta, meat sauce, sautéed spinach, 1/2 penne pasta and white sauce. Sprinkle with Perfect Italiano Perfect Pizza.
- Bake at 180°C for 30-35 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Serve warm with a crisp green salad.