Italian Style Roast Potato & Pasta Bake
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Bakes
- 250g small or new potatoes (skin on), 1cm diced
- 150ml olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 80g kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- ¼ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ packet of Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes
- 250g penne pasta
- Salt and black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Place diced potatoes into pot of salted water, bring to the boil then remove from heat. Drain well then pat dry to remove moisture and allow to dry. Add half of the olive oil and all the potatoes into a roasting tray and toss then roast in oven for 15 minutes or until they begin to brown, then remove.
- At the same time bring to boil another large pot of salted water and cook pasta until al dente and drain well.
- Add the garlic, onion, rosemary and the remaining oil to a medium sized saucepan over medium to low heat. Sauté for 3-4 minutes to lightly cook and infuse the flavours then remove from heat. Add chopped olives, capers and parsley and stir through.
- Combine all ingredients with half of the Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese and season with salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish and top with remaining Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to rest for a few minutes, then serve.