Herbed Pork Meatballs with Cheesy Topping
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Mozzarella
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tblsp water
- 700ml tomato pasta sauce (can be purchased from supermarkets)
- 1 tspn sugar
- 500g minced pork
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 50g dried breadcrumbs
- 1/3 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty bread to serve
- 300g Grated Perfect Italiano Mozzarella
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a nonstick heavy based frypan and cook the onion and garlic with the water until onion is soft and transparent. Remove half of onion mixture and place in bowl.
- Add tomato sauce and sugar to remaining mixture in pan and simmer, uncovered for 15-20 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Combine remaining cooled onion mixture with mince, egg, breadcrumbs and parsley, then season with salt and pepper.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a baking tray and bake at 200°C for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer meatballs and sauce to an ovenproof baking dish and sprinkle with Perfect Italiano Grated Cheese. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve with crusty bread.