Chicken Mushroom Farfelle Bake
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Bakes
- 400g farfalle pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp flour
- 80ml white wine
- 300ml cooking cream
- ⅓ packet of Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 min on each side or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Place the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 min or until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 min. Add the garlic, thyme and zucchini and cook for another 2 min.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 min. Add the wine and bring the mixture to the boil while stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cream. Stir well to combine, and simmer for 2-3 min. Remove from the heat.
- Thinly slice the chicken and add it to the mixture along with the pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer into a large baking dish and sprinkle over the Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese.
- Bake for 20 min in a pre-heated 200°C oven or until the cheese is melted golden brown.