Beef Ragu Pasta Bake
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Bakes
- 600g Beef Mince
- ½ an onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 375ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup red wine (optional)
- ¼ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ packet of Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes
- 200g pasta shells large
- Salt and black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- To make the ragu sauce, heat a heavy-based pot over medium heat. Add splash of olive oil, diced onion and carrot and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef mince and cook until browned, stirring well. Add tomato paste, lowering heat for 2-3 minutes. Then raise heat, add wine, stock, tomato puree and thyme and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper if required.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente then drain well. Stir the drained pasta through the finished ragu sauce, and add chopped parsley.
- Place in a large baking dish and top with Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese. Bake in oven for 35 minutes until cheese is melted golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to rest for a few minutes, then serve.