Baked Penne Amatriciana
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Bakes
- 400g penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 200 ml red wine
- 2 cans of 400g diced tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ pack Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until browned.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the onion, and cook for another 5 min or until soft. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 min. Pour in the wine and reduce. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 20 min until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the penne. Transfer to a large baking dish and sprinkle over the Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200°C until cheese melts golden brown.