Bacon Cauliflower Macaroni Cheese Bake
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Bakes
- 400g macaroni
- 300g Cauliflower florets, steamed
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 slices Bacon, diced
- 40g Anchor Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp thyme
- ½ pack Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the macaroni in salted boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the diced bacon, and cook for 2-3 min until brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt the Anchor butter in the saucepan. Add the flour, and stir for 1 min. Gradually add the milk, stirring until smooth. Stir for 5 min or until the sauce boils and thickens. Stir in 1 cup of Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese.
- Place the macaroni into a large bowl. Add the cauliflower, cheese sauce, bacon, and season with salt and pepper. Stir well until combined and then spoon into a large baking dish.
- Top with the remaining Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with the olive oil and thyme. Finish off by sprinkling them over.
- Bake for 20 min in pre-heated 200°C oven or until the cheese is melted golden brown.