Ricotta and Parmesan Parcels
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan Cheese
- 20g Anchor Butter
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 100g Perfect Italiano Parmesan
- 250g tub ricotta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, extra, lightly beaten
- Caraway seeds, for sprinkling
- Melt butter in a frypan and cook leek gently for 5 minutes until softened. Allow to cool.
- Grated Parmesan combine with ricotta, egg, cooked leek, nutmeg and seasonings.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 9 squares and place a spoonful of cheese filling onto each. Fold each square over to form a triangle, press edges firmly to seal and enclose filling.
- Curve each triangle around your fingertip and press the two ends together. Place on a lined baking tray, brush with extra egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked. Serve warm with drinks or as part of a meal.